Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Camden

Camden, you are at a very challenging age. The twos were not so terrible for you, but three, on the other hand, is proving to be a trying time both for you and Mommy and Daddy. You have always been such a easy going pleasant boy and I think we got spoiled. You have started whining, asking us to carry you everywhere and just being unpleasant and disagreeable for no apparent reason. I think your favorite words right now are "No, I not." Bedtime seems to one of the worst times. We follow the same routine we always have: brush teeth, Mommy reads and then Daddy reads. We pray together and give kisses, hugs, fist bumps and high fives. Then, you are supposed to go to sleep. You fight us on brushing your teeth. You say you don't want to pray. You insist one of us if not both, rub your back. Then you will tell us you need to go potty. You will find some stuffed animal you need that isn't in the bed with you or tell us you need a drink. It is definitely not our finest hour to say the least. But I pray that God gives Daddy and I the strength and wisdom to raise you to be a well behaved and polite little boy. We will get through this stage! I love you, sweet boy, even if you do try my patience many, many times each day!
Monday was "an at home day" for Camden and Mommy. You like to say "Mommy, I 'kip school today?" It was a very rough day, but I caught these pictures during a happy moment. You were driving your car and all of the sudden, you stopped, got out and said "I be right back. I just getting a soda."
Wow-my words exactly-can you tell who is always leaving you and Daddy in the car to go get a fountain soda?
We also took a walk and you insisted on bringing your "shield". It's not worth the battle to tell you it's a sword.  

No comments:

Post a Comment